Summer might be technically coming to a close but we’re not saying goodbye to summer hairstyles just yet. In fact, we think this new take on the half-up hairstyle trend will work well into the Autumn months. The look? A half-up crown braid!
Many of us have resorted to the half-up top knot this summer for its ease and chicness, and now we have another simple, on trend style to add to the mix. Here’s how to get the look:
MUST HAVE PRODUCTS
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray
- Bobby Pins
- Extra Body Finishing Spray
GET THE LOOK
- Take a 2″ section of hair in between your parting and your ear.
- French braid each section, wrapping the braid towards the back of your head.
- One you reach the back of your head, move into a regular 3-strand braid and secure with a clear elastic.
- Lightly pull the three parts of the braid outwards to give the illusion of more full thick braid.
- Once both braids are complete, guide them towards the front of your head and cross them over each other to create the crown look. Secure in place with bobby pins.
- Use bobby pins to pin down any oddly placed pieces or bumps.
- Finish the style with a mist of Finishing Spray and Awapuhi Wild Ginger shine spray